Wednesday 10 September 2008

decided

actually i wrote a blog on to stay or leave last weekend but there is something wrong with the site so it didn't get posted. anyway, now i have decided to leave. 

not long after i quit from my previous company, they had asked me to consider going back again. i rejected their offer then cos i was pregnant. going back means giving up my maternity benefits as i will not work for more than 180 days to entitle to them. so it was a clear cut, no. 

however, they had not stop asking me to consider going back after i delivered. i told my ex-colleague who was talking to me on this issue to give me their terms then i consider. even then, i won't consider going back till next year. i'm not going to forgo my 13th month bonus. thus, will only tender next year so the earliest to go back is in feb 09. to my surprise, they are actually willing to wait for me till then and get a temp staff for the time being. 
 
i'm not sure if this is a good news to me or not. i'm indeed quite happy that they want me back but at the same time worried that i will disappoint them if i didn't do a good job. the position offer to me is a new thing for me. my ex-boss who i had worked with for 8 years guarantee that i can do the new job well and i don't have to worry at all.
 
offer given by them
  • near 27% increment from current pay
  • retain my 18 days annual leave instead of starting fresh from 14
  • 6 month probation (as this is a new portfolio for me)
  • other benefits remains
  • free transport in the morning (given by ex-boss on a personal basis, hahah.... this is not counted)

to me from now till next year feb, there are 5 more months to go, anything can happen. making such a decision is indeed not easy. after discussing with darling and weighing the pros and cons, going back seems like the best option now. since i have the intention to tender next year no matter what instead of getting a new job, going into a new environment why not go back to a place where i'm familiar with. with any new company, the pay might not match with what my ex-company offer and i won't have the flexibility of taking leave as and when i need. 
 
although i'm not sure if i'm making the right decision now but i have already inform them that i will be going back next year. currently, they are working on the letter of offer for me to sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment