Saturday 11 August 2007

what is the right move?

i received a call from aunt this morning saying that her neighbour is renting out a room. she ask if i'm willing to let my parents move out of my brother's house. the rent is about $400 per month. 
 
we sold our flat (under my mum and my name) in toa payoh cos i'm planning for wedding last year. all transaction was done in jan 07. since then, my parents had been living at my brother's place. my brother bought a flat in woodlands for my parents and to rent it out. my parents will had to stay there for 2.5 years before they can apply for rental flat from hdb cos my mum used to be an owner for our previous flat. this is hdb rule. 
 
i didn't want my parents to stay with me cos darling wants his father to stay with us. which i think its reasonable too, since my fil is alone and darling is the only son. he has to look after him. although he had not shifted in with us, i still insist that my parents can't move in with us. i don't want to face a situation where my fil wants to move in and my parents got to move out. by then everyone will be scolding me for throwing my parents out. 
 
all these years, i have been the only one taking care of my parents. although i have siblings but none of them want to take care of them. not a single cent from them too. so there is no way to get my sibling to help chip in for the rental. 
 
with this morning call, i don't know what to do? if we refuse to to pay for the rent and let them move out, we will be label as unfilial. if we were to pay for the rent, its going to be very tight for us. i have been giving them allowance of $450 a month, with the rental, i will have to pay $850 a month. what if we have a baby later, we will need more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment