Thursday 22 May 2008

8th gynae visit

i went for my ogtt this morning, a test to confirm if i'm having gestation diabetes. fast since yesterday and had my first blood drawn at 9am. then i was given a cup of glucose to drink. the glucose is super sweet like i'm having lots of fruity mentoes. the moment i finished the drink, i had heartburn and almost puke then i keep burping. i was told to come back for the 2nd blood drawn in 2 hours time and no food and drink is allowed during this time.

so we went off to the kopitiam and darling had his coffee and bao. on my way to the toilet, i heard a nurse calling my name outside my gynae's clinic. i was shocked to hear my name being call as my appointment is at 11.15am after my ogtt. so i walk towards her to confirm if its my turn. its indeed my turn.

as usual did a scan gynae told us that baby is actually smiling at us but we still can't really tell. anyway, everything is good and baby is growing well. gynae also commented that baby is active. he keep kicking his legs during the scan.

i'm at 28 weeks now, baby is 1.1kg and my weight is 54.2kg, a total weight gain of 9kg.

while we were there, there is a lady trying to create awareness of cord blood among parents. we were given a phamlet and had a little discussion with her. after that, we had decided to donate baby's cord blood instead of keeping it. cos the percentage of using own's blood cord is very low. if that is the case, why not donate it and it might be able to save another child's life. and if we really do need to use it, we can always get it back if baby's cord blood is still available and matches.

i'm so sad. kk just call me saying that my glucose test result is no good, a bit high. i was asked to go back on mon for a diet course. the dietician will tell us how to eat and what to eat. the course is from 9am - 5pm and cost about $300+. sigh..... 

darling is so worried when he heard this. i just have to consol him that its ok. gestation diabetes will go away after birth. nothing to worry about. although i'm quite worried that it will stay with me, the chances of me getting can be quite high since mummy is diabetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment