Wednesday 6 August 2008

yu ze is here

on 5th aug, i wake up in a sleepy state to pee. in my sleepy state, i thought i saw 'the show' in the toilet bowl. without thinking much i just flush and walk back to my bed to sleep. after a while, then i wake up in a shock. trying to recall what i saw just now. is it really 'the show'. i can't be sure and this make me very uncomfortable. very awake liao, can't get back to sleep. i try to find friends over msn to double check but no one is online so early.

after some time, i went to pee again. and this time i saw some red discharge. i think this is it. it must be 'the show' liao. i check online, after having 'show', how long does it take for me to go into labour. for some, its within the day or up to a week. i decided not to take chance, go and bathe to prepare. i call darling and told him about it. he rushed back and send me to kk.

we admit at the delivery suite around 10+am. strapped on ctg and gynae called. gynae came and check around 11am and say that i'm 1 cm dilated. i can choose to go home or be induced. since its only 1 cm, we decided to go home and let baby decide when he wants to come out.

back home at around 12pm, i cook lunch for myself and continue to chat online and also take some rest. my lower back starts to ache slowly and i didn't think much of it. just continue to chat and rest.

3pm
the ache is almost unbearable. my friend told me, i could be having contractions. then i thought, isn't contractions supposed to be pain and not ache? she said she had super backache too when she was 4cm dilated so ask me to monitor.

4pm
the ache is getting worse, lying down to rest doesn't help anymore. decided to call darling to bring me to hospital. i need to walk around a bit to ease the ache. darling rush back and i told him to bathe first before we go while i continue to walk round the house.

5+pm
reached kk and admit back in delivery suite again. the same nurse was surprise to see me. hehehe..... again the was strapped on ctg and gynae called. while on the ctg, the backache is almost unbearable. i have to keep moving and change position. the nurse ask me from 0 - 10, what is the pain level now. i told her about 7 - 8. then she give me a shock look, 7 - 8 and you still don't want pain killer. i say no, can tahan.

6+pm
gynae came and smile at me. i told him, if i know i won't go home liao. he laughs and say its hard to tell. he had a patient who was 4 cm dilated and didn't deliver till 2 weeks later. he checked me and say i'm 5 cm dilated liao. go straight to delivery ward and prepare to burst water bag.

near 7pm
the ache is so bad that i start tearing while they send me to delivery ward. gynae came and ask if i want to have epidural or go without it. he say i can go without it since i'm already at 5 cm. i told him, i don't want to risk it. what if half way through, i really can't tahan and is not allowed to take liao. then i sure died there. heheh.... so he arrange for epidural for me immediately. within 10 minutes, i was administer with epidural. the effect is so strong. i feel numb from neck down immediately. it feel so good and relaxing. i was put on drip since my last meal is lunch. gynae told me, by statistics i should deliver before midnight but it also depends.

10pm
i'm 10 cm dilated liao but was told not to push yet cos baby is still a bit high. ask me to wait for him to come a bit lower then start pushing.

11pm
epidural was down to half dose for me to feel contractions. with half dose, i still can't feel anything. so was told to start pushing based on mid wife and nurse's instructions. try pushing but still no use, baby is moving down very slowly.

6 aug, 12am
epidural is cut off completely cos i can't push well with instructions and i'm too numb to feel anything. slowly, i start to feel the aching again after epidural cut off. start pushing again. baby is not in a very good position. a young gynae told me that they need to forcep baby out since i had pushed for an hour already. its not good to keep baby in for long. so i was asked to sign the documents. they started preparing the equipments to forcep baby.
 
near 1am
gynae came in and ask me to try pushing again. i had darling, my gynae, the young gynae, mid wife and a nurse all round me to help me push. gynae press very hard on my tummy trying to help baby out.

after all the help of pressing, holding and pushing, baby is finally out. darling cut baby's umbilical cord. they put me epidural back on for me. i'm just too tired to feel anything.
 

i got to breastfeed baby at around 2+am and send up to ward at 4am. baby yu ze is 50 cm tall and weighs 3210g. if he is any bigger, i would have to c-se liao.

No comments:

Post a Comment