Wednesday 18 June 2008

9th gynae visit & 1st dietician review

today, i had appointment with dietician and gynae. went to see dietician first, had a discussion with her on my diet for these few weeks. i also had my weight taken. i didn’t put on weight but lost 500g. now, she wants me to eat a bit more to put on some weight. i was like huh!!! you want me to control my diet to control weight and now ask me to put on weight. how? i was told to add a cup of milk for morning tea and a slice of bread for afternoon tea. i complaint about constipation ever since i started on this new diet. she says if i want to take orange juice, i can but i must take blood sugar test after that to make sure that the orange juice is not causing my blood sugar level to increase. if its within my usual range, then its fine. if really need to, she prefer me to take apple or prune juice instead. i will go back to see her again when i next go for my gynae visit in 4 weeks time. 

as usual, my gynae check is a fast one. baby is growing well. water level and placenta is good too. baby is head down liao. gynae is very pleased with my progress. he says that i feed baby well. he says elephant give birth to elephant, mouse give birth to mouse. taking into consideration that i’m a small size mummy, baby is like a little hippo in me. baby will easily hit 3kg at full term. therefore, he told us not to worry even though i lost weight.

this is baby
baby is 1.7kg at 32 weeks. i had a total weight gain of 8. 5kg to date. considering baby weight gain of baby 600g since last visit and my lost of 500g, does that means that i have lost 1.1kg actually. hehehe….. which means i have less to shed after birth. yeah!!!! 

we had make our first payment for room today too. we had opt for class a now. but we can choose to downgrade later as long as we do it before admission. in case of complications, they will also advise us to downgrade to either b2 or c and not keeping us in class a. i think this is important and good. 

the next visit is still in 4 weeks time. its another long wait. i thought our visit should be 2 weeks now. never mind, at least save money loh. in our next visit, need to discuss on pain relief and labour liao. we were given some brochure to come back and read up.

No comments:

Post a Comment