Tuesday 17 July 2007

its over and gone

we left for tmc at 6.20am, after doing the necessary admission documents, i was lead to my ward by 7.30am. i was told to change into the operating gown. as i had never had an operation before, i wore the gown wrongly. hehe..... the nurse came in to take my temperature and pressure told me i had wore it wrongly and ask me to change. my ops was schedule at 9am. before 9am, another nurse came with the bed and brought me down to the theatre. she told my darling to wait in the room as i will be back very soon. 
 
so i left with them feeling scared but i keep telling myself i had to be strong and can't cry. i fought back my tears and told myself to close my eyes and rest so that i won't start imagining. at the waiting area, there were lots of pregnant ladies waiting to give birth. everyone is busy running here and there. i was there alone, waiting for gynae and anesthetic to come. all i know was that i waited for some time before i was pushed into the operating theatre (ot). or maybe i'm worried so the wait seems to be very long.
 
in the ot, the general anesthetic talked to me and give me a jab on my left hand so that i can have the drip and the anesthetic later. within seconds after the Anesthetic was injected i lost consciouses. all i remember is that the room is very cold and something cold seems to be flowing in from my left hand vein then i was knock out. i don't know how long was the procedures and what was done. but i can hear people talking around me and calling my name, telling me its over.
 
but i'm just too tired and all i want is to sleep. my head and hands feel so heavy, i try lifting my hand but its just too heavy. i just keep sleeping till about 11.30am before i woke up and talk to darling. at that moment, i still feel very tired and want to sleep. darling is so worried, he asked me why i took so long. he waited until he can't tahan and went to ask the nurse for me, then he saw me coming back. 
 
when i woke up at about 12+, i was told that i can change. after lunch and check by their doc, i can leave. however, the wait for the doc is so long. finally, i was discharge at about 2.30pm. we went to make payment and were shocked to see the bill. after medisave, we had to pay about 1.3k in cash. i was shocked that i told darling, maybe its cheaper to do it in clinic. all he said is, its ok as long as you are ok. 
 
i was given 2 weeks mc, medication and going back for review on mon.

No comments:

Post a Comment